Three weeks ago, the Government and United Voice commenced negotiations on what the transfer process to the new provider will look like.
United Voice members are being represented by Lorna Whitford (HC Kempsey, United Voice NSW Branch Executive Officer) and Mel Gatfield (Assistant Secretary). United Voice members are asking for:
- Home Care to be kept as one entity to protect jobs and clients in rural and regional areas.
- Job security during the transfer
- Job security for a three year period after the transfer
- A “transfer payment” to compensate workers for the change in employer and the uncertainty of the period.
- Protection of all conditions including sick leave, annual leave, allowances, redundancy provisions and pay rates.